In response to the CDC’s recommendation and out of caution to prevent further spread of the COVID-19 Virus the following steps will be taken by the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department until further notice.
• Emergency/Life Threatening calls or “In Progress” calls for service will be handled in the same manner as always and will not change.
• Non-Emergency/Routine calls for service will be handled over the telephone, if at all possible.
• Officers responding to a residence will make every attempt not to go inside unless it is absolutely necessary and will be asking people to step outside when responding to a call for service.
• Officers will try to maintain a “social distance” of approximately six feet with persons they are interacting with.
• The presence of Officers in the city will not change