- Must Be 21 Years of Age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Have at least 30 college credits (accredited college or university with a "C" or better)
- Stable employment and personal history
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a physical agility test
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Must not use tobacco products
- Have no Felony convictions
- No visible tattoos in a short sleeve uniform shirt
- Meet all minimum requirements for certification as a law enforcement officer in the State of Arkansas
Applicants passing the police entrance examination will be awarded preference points based on prior police experience, honorable active military service, a fluency in Spanish, a fluency in Sign Language, or more than 60 college semester hours.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.