- Must Be 21 Years of Age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Have at least 30 college credits (accredited college or university with a "C" or better)
- Stable employment and personal history
- Pass a written examination
- Pass a physical agility test
- Pass a thorough background investigation
- Must not use tobacco products
- Have no Felony convictions
- Meet all minimum requirements for certification as a law enforcement officer in the State of Arkansas
Applicants with prior police experience or honorable active military service, a fluency in Spanish or Sign Language, or more than 60 college semester hours, will be awarded preference points provided they pass the police entrance examination.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.