Saturday, June 25th, is the annual Sparks in the Park event which will be held at the Four States Fairgrounds. Over 30,000 people are expected to attend the event. Due to the new roadway configuration around the Four States Fairgrounds, The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department would like to inform all patrons of the upcoming traffic plans in order to make everyone experience as pleasant as possible. All drivers and patrons are reminded that Police Officers will be working traffic on city streets and highways so please be attentive to their instructions for their safety and yours. Speed limits on Four States Parkway have been reduced.
Vehicles may ENTER the Fairgrounds parking area the following ways:
1. From I-30: Parkway Dr to U of A Way to Fair Park Rd. or continue on U of A Way to Clay Pit to East 50th and into the main parking lot.
2. From the south: Arkansas Blvd to Frontage Road /Parkway Dr. north, then onto E. 46th around to the main parking lot. No traffic will be allowed to enter on East 50th Street.
3. Any traffic bypassing one of these entrances will be re-routed back in line to one of these two entrances. Any traffic passing through on Four States will be required to turn onto East 50th to Sanderson Lane. No traffic will be allowed to pass through on Four States Parkway to Arkansas Boulevard or I-30. Please follow all traffic commands and be patient.
The Four States Fair will provide personnel to direct vehicles on where to park once they have entered the parking areas around the fairgrounds.
Vehicles may EXIT the parking areas and fairgrounds the following ways:
1. Main north parking lot to Fair Park Rd. then left on U of A Way to Parkway Dr. All traffic MUST turn north on Parkway Dr.
2. Main north lot to E 46th then to Parkway Dr. All exiting traffic entering Parkway Dr. MUST turn south on Parkway Dr. Then south to Arkansas Blvd. where drivers can turn east or west bound or enter I-49.
3. Vehicles parked inside the fence line (late arrivers) MUST exit the west gate of the fairgrounds onto E 50th where they will be directed west on E.50th to Sanderson Lane. E.50th will remain a one way west bound street after the fireworks show.
Additionally, it is recommended for all patrons to arrive as early as possible to ensure that you will arrive in time to see the display. Again, all drivers need to be attentive to officers working on the roadway directing traffic and expect delays due to excessive amounts of vehicle traffic after 8:30pm. All traffic laws and parking will be strictly enforced. No one will be allowed to illegally park vehicles on city streets and roadways. Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense. Any Vehicle parked improperly inside the park area may be blocked in by other vehicles and will not be able to exit until the end of the event. TAPD encourages everyone NOT to park in the in the park area and to use the designated parking areas only.
The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department wants to wish everyone a safe holiday weekend and to assure them that we will be doing our best to ensure the safety of all
Thank you and you can visit the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department online at http://www.txkusa.org/arkpolice.
Officer Kristi Mitchell
Public Information Officer