The Civil Service Commission will hold a regularly scheduled meeting in accordance with Arkansas State Statute on Monday, May 2, 2016, at 4:30 P.M at the Texarkana Arkansas Police Training Room located at the Bi-State Justice Building in Texarkana Arkansas.
Agenda for Annual Meeting May 2, 2016
1. Opening of meeting.
2. Election of Officers.
3. Chief of Police Bob Harrison - Request for promotional examinations test date to take place in
October of 2016.
4. Chief of Police Bob Harrison - Brief the Commission on the change in the preparation of Civil Service Promotional Examinations for Police Sergeant, Lieutenant, and Captain with our current test proctor Dr. Tom Jordan.
5. Chief of Police Bob Harrison - Brief the Commission on the changes being implemented in the General Order Manual on the Arkansas Chiefs of Police Best Practices.
6. Chief of Police Bob Harrison - Request for permission to continue under emergency hiring to seek Certified Law Enforcement Officers due to the next police academy at ALETA in Camden, Arkansas not being until September of 2016.
7. Fire Department - Request a date change for the annual promotional and entry exams.
8. Fire Department - Request to certify the promotional and entry lists for a longer period than the usual 12 months.
9. Other Business
Thank you and you can visit the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department online at http://www.txkusa.org/arkpolice.
Officer Kristi Mitchell
Public Information Officer