This Saturday, June 29th, is the annual “Sparks in the Park” event which will be held at the Four States Fairgrounds. Over 30,000 people are expected to attend the event. Due to the new roadway configuration around the Four States Fairgrounds, The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department would like to inform all patrons of the upcoming traffic plans in order to make everyone experience as pleasant as possible.
Vehicles may ENTER the Fairgrounds parking area the following ways:
1. From I-30: Parkway Dr (old 245) to U of A Way to Fair Park Rd. and then left into the main parking lot.
2. From the south: Arkansas Blvd to Frontage Road /Parkway Dr. (old 245) north, then onto E. 50th St around to the main parking lot.
3. No traffic to be directed down E. 46th unless directed by police.
The Four States Fair will provide personnel to direct vehicles on where to park once they have entered the parking areas outside of the fairgrounds.
Vehicles may EXIT the parking areas and fairgrounds the following ways:
1. Main north parking lot to Fair Park Rd. then left on U of A Way to Parkway Dr. All traffic MUST turn north on Parkway Dr.
2. Main north lot to E 46th then to Parkway Dr. All exiting traffic entering Parkway Dr. (old 245) MUST turn south on Parkway Dr. Then south to Arkansas Blvd. where drivers can turn east or west bound.
Additionally, it is recommended for all patrons to arrive as early as possible to ensure that you will arrive in time to see the display. All drivers need to be attentive to officers working on the roadway directing traffic and expect delays due to excessive amounts of vehicle traffic after 8:30pm. All traffic laws and parking will be strictly enforced. No one will be allowed to illegally park vehicles on city streets and roadways. Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense. Any Vehicle parked improperly inside the park area may be blocked in by other vehicles and will not be able to exit until the end of the event. TAPD encourages everyone NOT to park in the in the park area and to use the designated parking areas only.
The Texarkana Arkansas Police Department wants to wish everyone a safe holiday weekend and to assure them that we will be doing our best to ensure the safety of all
Thank you and you can visit the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department online at http://www.txkusa.org/arkpolice.
Officer Kristi Mitchell
Public Information Officer
903-798-3187 (office) 903-824-4199 (cell)