For an exciting and rewarding career contact:
Cpl. Kittiele Potts at 903-798-3125
Starting Salary: $42,197.80
The TEXARKANA ARKANSAS POLICE DEPARTMENT is seeking those select few who possess integrity, dedication, honesty, courage, excellent communication skills, moral character, sound judgment and a solid work ethic. If you fit this description and are looking for an interesting career with potential for advancement and many career options, please call the Personnel and Training Section of the Texarkana Arkansas Police Department – an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can download a printable copy of the city and agency job applications in PDF format from the link provided below.
TAPD and City Job Application (335 KB)
• Must Be 21 Years of Age
• Be a United States Citizen
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Stable employment and personal history
• Pass a written examination
• Pass a thorough background investigation
• Must not use tobacco products
• Have no Felony Convictions
• No visible tattoos in a uniform
• Meet all minimum requirements for certification as a law enforcement officer in the State of Arkansas
Applicants passing the police entrance examination will be awarded preference points based on prior police experience, honorable active military service, a fluency in Spanish, a fluency in Sign Language, or more than 60 college semester hours.
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Steps in the Hiring Process
• Initial Application
• Police Officer Civil Service Examination
• Physical Agility Test
• Background Investigation
• Medical Examination
• Drug Screen
• Polygraph Examination
• Psychological Evaluation
• Oral Interview Board
The Physical Agility Test will consist of the 1.5 mile run, 300 meter run, One minute sit-ups, One minute push-ups, Vertical Jump, Max bench Press, Cooper Institute.
Contact Cpl. Kittiele Potts at 903-798-3125 for information about employment.